If you have been issued with a Repair Request Log Book by NHS Tayside’s Estates Division, it should be kept visibly accessible at the Nurses station (or equivalent reception area) to allow the maintenance team to record the date of when your job was actioned and status of the work. Within the Log Book, you will find a Fault Reporting Flowchart, for your area, with details of expected response times and contact details for ‘chasing up’ outstanding jobs.
- All faults reported must be recorded in this logbook to promote communication between colleagues and Estates Division Staff.
- Please consult this logbook before reporting a fault – a colleague may already have reported the fault.
- Please ensure the logbook is always kept within the Ward/Department logbook holder – Estates Division Staff can only update the logbook if available.
- Log books must be retained for a period of 3 calendar years from date of last logged call in Log Book.
- It’s vital that details of all calls are recorded in the Repair Request Log Book and note the reference number that the Fault line/receptionist will give you.