Staff from Specialist Palliative Care Services in Dundee and Angus held an information stand in the Overgate Centre to promote their services.
The team raised awareness with the general public about the support available in their local area for patients living with cancer and other life-limiting conditions.
Specialist palliative care services provides:
- help with the management of symptoms and other problems
- help with relief from pain
- psychological support, social and family support
Specialist palliative care professionals can work with other doctors, nurses and care givers to improve quality palliative care.
Services are available in:
- Roxburghe House in Dundee
- Macmillan Day Care and Community Services in Dundee and Angus
- Ninewells Palliative Care Service
- Family Support and Chaplaincy
For further information please telephone 01382 423132.