A new advice hub has been opened in Loch Leven Health Centre near Kinross to provide support and information to the local community.
The hub has been set up by Perth & Kinross Health and Social Care Partnership Healthy Communities project and local Kinross-based charity, Broke not Broken.
It will offer drop-in advice and support sessions on a range of topics, including benefits signposting, community connecting, job applications and drug and alcohol support services.
Project officer Shona Fowler said, “The new advice hub provides a much needed local drop-in facility to support people with benefit issues, community connections, advice and signposting to services and community organisations.
“As the hub is in the Loch Leven Health Centre, it is accessible to everyone and is based in a discreet and comfortable venue. Our location also means health centre GPs and staff can easily refer their patients if needed.”
The hub was developed following local public engagement meetings held by Broke not Broken to discuss the demand for support services in the local area. It has also received donations from the local Time Exchange programme and Sainsbury’s supermarket to buy equipment.
The hub will include:
- Community Connecting and signposting sessions every Thursday between 9.30am and 12.30pm. People can pop in to have a chat and find out more about local groups and organisations that can benefit their wellbeing. Appointments can also be made by calling 07896 280843.
- Perth & Kinross Drug and Alcohol Support Services will be hosting drop-in sessions on Thursdays between 10am to 12.30pm to provide advice and support. Appointments can also be made by calling 07766 991570
- Staff from Broke Not Broken will offer support and advice on topics such as receiving benefits, writing a CV or completing job application forms at drop-in sessions on Fridays between 10am and noon.
- Perth & Kinross Council Employability Service will also provide support on the third Friday of every month.
- A team from Macmillan Welfare rights will be on hand to offer advice on the first Friday of every month between 10am and noon.
If you require and further information about the advice hub, please contact Shona Fowler on 07896 280843 or email email@example.com