The Scottish Society of Physicians is holding its 60th Annual Meeting at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in November.
The Keynote Lecture entitled ‘Lung cancer – past, present and future’ will be delivered by Professor Marianne Nicolson, Consultant Oncologist, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
Other speakers include:
- Dr Michael Williams, Consultant Hepatologist, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh – Liver transplantation in Scotland
- Dr Rahat Maitland, Consultant Endocrinologist, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Glasgow – Acute medical emergencies in pregnancy
- Professor Opinder Sahota, University of Nottingham – Managing older patients with fracture
- Dr Susan Nimmo, Consultant Anaesthetist and Acute Pain Specialist, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh – Acute pain on medical wards
- Dr Euan Sandilands, Consultant Toxicologist, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh – Best practice in acute poisoning
- Dr Kevin Blyth, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Glasgow – Pleural disease
- Dr Jennifer Logue, Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow – Strategies to promote weight loss
- Professor David Newby, Professor of Cardiology, University of Edinburgh – Valvular heart disease
Full information about the event can be found here and there are discounted fees for all doctors in training.