NHS Health Scotland is hosting a half day event to share learning and developments around British Sign Language.
The Shared Learning Event for British Sign Language (BSL) takes place on Friday 2 March from 10am-1pm at COSLA Edinburgh.
It aims to share learning and showcase recent practice developments within NHSScotland and health and social care to improve access and outcomes for BSL users.
- Provide the legal framework on BSL in Scotland, and implications for professional practice
- Highlight existing practice for improving access to and experience of health and care information and services for BSL users
- Share progress and learning from recent and current innovative improvement programmes
Who will benefit from attending?
- Health and social care staff who have an influence in making decisions around access to health services for those requiring BSL
- Anyone with a vested interest in, or responsibility for, providing a health service/information to those requiring BSL
- Attendees may include equality & diversity leads, translations and interpretation service leads, complaints team leads, IT and systems staff, administrators
- Those interested in sharing and listening to innovative practices that they and other health boards and local authorities can learn from
How do I register?
You can register for the event through Eventbrite.
For further information about the event, please contact Arma Sayed-Rafiq at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 414 2717.